Here are some tips and tricks for getting the most out of your ICSC experience in Las Vegas:
- Get in one day early and spend some time with a client.
- Use any extra time to gather your thoughts about the show, clients, push a few more emails, prepare for the coming year, etc.
- If you’re coming in from the east coast, stay up as late as possible on the first night to adjust to the time zone change as fast as possible.
- Figure out how to work in your email offline (Ex. Gmail Offline), so you can push email on the plane without needing an Internet connection.
- Don’t forget noise canceling, over-the-ear head phones for the flight.
- You don’t need to spend a fortune to get a decent pair.
- Try to schedule a fun event with clients that doesn’t center around a dinner or cocktails.
- Do something unique.
- Make sure you eat.
- It’s easy to go from one event to the next and not eat correctly.
- Watch how much alcohol you drink.
- Conference attendees can start out at a booth cocktail party at 4 PM and get up from the restaurant table at 11 PM or 12 AM.
- That’s a long time for drinking. Be careful.
- Drink as much water as possible.
- Be careful how and where you schedule your meetings.
- It’s a big convention center with a lot of distance between the halls.
- A tablet (iPad, Android, etc.) works great for carrying everything you need for the entire show.
- I haven’t carried paper for 3 years now.
- Evernote works great for recording anything you needs and it syncs with all your devices and desktop.
- Print three copies of your schedule and carry it in 3 different places.
- Don’t use your phone or tablet to check your schedule.
- The battery won’t last through the day and into the night.
- Carry a portable rechargeable power source for your phone.
- Go to the airport early to go through your convention notes and business cards.
- Catch up on emails
- Return calls
- Put yourself in a great starting position for when you return home and to the office.
- READER SUGGESTIONS
- Carry lip balm.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Exercise routinely before the show.
- Spend some time at the hotel gym and burn off all the new-found calories.
- Use business card scanner on smart phone.
- Recap meetings on the flight home before some of the details escape you.
- Most Important: Call loved ones and or family back home!
What would you add? Post a comment or send me note and I will update the list.
P: 610-645-7700 x108